Summer is coming to a close. Before we know it, the kids will be back in school, the leaves will be falling from the trees, and we will be enveloped in all those wonderful sights and smells that are associated with the autumn season. While there is certainly enough going on in our lives this time of year, many of you may be adding selling a home to your to-do list. Autumn is an excellent time to sell real estate. To make the most of this experience, here are a few tips for helping your home sell faster and easier in the fall.
- Focus on Curb Appeal – Make sure all the leaves are raked from the front and back yards, trees are trimmed, and rain gutters are free from debris. As temperatures fall, make sure to keep a path to the front door that is clear.
- Be Festive – Make your home feel inviting and welcoming during the season by hanging a pretty wreath of fall leaves on your door, putting some pumpkins on the porch or patio, or placing a fall centerpiece on your dining room table.
- Keep It Clean – It can be tough to keep your home clean in the fall, but it is crucial if you are trying to sell real estate effectively. Make sure to put out a front doormat , so mud and water do not get tracked into the house. Do your best to keep the windows sparkling clean, too.
- Let in Light – Days start to get shorter in the fall, so when you have open houses and showings in the afternoon, open the curtains and blinds to let in as much natural light as possible.
- Make It Feel Cosy – Autumn is the time for warm apple cider, comfortable sweaters, and spending evenings in front of the fireplace with family. Make it easy for potential buyers to imagine your home as their cosy new haven. Consider buying some scented candles in fall scents like cinnamon, pumpkin, and apple, and place them throughout the house. Also, refrain from turning down the heat to save on your energy bills—if the potential buyers are cold when they enter your home, they will be tempted to leave early.
At Royal LePage Trinity Realty, Brokerage, we are committed to helping you sell real estate quickly and effectively, no matter the time of year. Please contact us today to learn more about how one of our real estate sales representatives can assist you with selling your home.